Today is a good day for all Nikonians! After months of speculation, rumors, and worrying about Nikon future, today Nikon has answer with a new powerful Nikon D3 using the popular CMOS sensor.
Pictures from Ken Rockwell site
Several reviews and sneak preview of this could be found at these popular site.
Official Nikon News Press (CLICK HERE)
- Nikon's original FX-format CMOS image sensor with 36.0 (H) x 23.9 (V) mm image size; 12.1 effective megapixels
- Compatible with three image-sensor formats – FX format (36 x 24), 5:4 (30 x 24) and DX format (24 x 16)
- Sensitivity range ISO 200 to 6400 at normal setting for exceptionally high-quality images; can be set to ISO-equivalent 25,600
- New 51-point autofocus system features 15 cross-type sensors that maximize the potential of lenses with apertures as small as f/5.6
- High-speed continuous shooting at approx. 9 frames per second [FX format (36 x 24)/5:4 (30 x 24)]/approx. 11 fps [DX format (24 x 16)]
- CF card double slot accepts two CF cards
- High-definition (920,000 dots), 170˚ viewing angle, 3-inch VGA LCD monitor with tempered glass
Back Image From Rob GalBrath